Monday, January 16, 2012

Cup O' Joy: Start

“Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:6
I felt God call me to be a Pastor’s wife about 9 yrs ago. God told me that He wanted me to put my all into being a wife when I got married. Now take my husband’s profession out of it and what you get is a wife. Being a great wife is one of my main focuses in life and as of 13 months ago the title "mother" was added to that list. I want to be the best wife and mother I can be. I have felt God telling me He wants me to be an efficient wife and mother and one of the ways to accomplish that is by starting to do the once a month cooking. I have felt like I was supposed to do this for over a year now and I just couldn’t ever get it started. So being that another year just started I was reflecting on accomplishments and un-accomplishments over the last year and one of those was that I still was not a once a month cooker. So that day I went out and bought an OAMC cookbook and got my game plan together! After getting a game plan and reading the cookbook I felt great about what I had just done. I felt great that I had started something. Now, God’s ultimate goal is not to make me the greatest OAMC in the world but it is to complete the work of “Avery.” He will be faithful to complete the work of Avery daughter of God, Avery the wife, Avery the mother, Avery the friend, Avery the pastors wife and Avery the “homemaker” or whatever else it is that God is calling me to. That is the work he will complete! Me! He is so faithful! So whatever it is that you feel God calling you to this year or something He has called you to in years past then get out step out in faith and trust that He will complete the work in you! Just start: Here are some ways to START...

10Min Study

See the vision: " For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11


Jeremiah 29:11 tells us that God has special plans for our lives, plans to bless us and prosper us; The next two verses spell out the necessary conditions for us to receive the benefit of His plans, "Then when you call upon Me and come and pray to Me, I will hear you. When you search for Me, You will find Me; if you seek Me with all your heart" (Jeremiah 29:12-13)
What is God calling you to? Figure out what He is asking of you!

Take the first step: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you, I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you ;And when you pass through the rivers, They will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, You will not be burned; The flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel , your Savior."Isaiah 43:1-2
Just start some where, figure out what your first step is and do it, He will be there with you the entire way!

Allow others to help you along the way: “as iron sharpens iron so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.” Proverbs 27:17

Rely on God, for strength and direction: "For when I am weak, then he is strong." 2 Corinthians 12:10
When you feel like you want to give up remember who your father is!

Trust God to finish the work!
“Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:6

5Min: Pray for God to show you who and what it is He is calling you to. He won't show you what the completed product will look like, but He will purpose a goal and direction in your heart. Then ask God to give you the strength, creativity, and faith to START.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...