Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Good Morning! Welcome to your {Shot of Espresso}

Today, although I had all intentions of continuing in the book I am reading, God has laid something else on my heart.

There is a song that is out and has been for some time called "Blessings" by Laura Story. It's a very touching song to me and I would like to take a few moments and walk through the lyrics with you...do you mind going with me on this small journey? Good, I was hoping you would say that!

We pray for blessings
We pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
All the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love us way too much to give us lesser things

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

We pray for wisdom
Your voice to hear
And we cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt Your goodness, we doubt Your love
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough
All the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
And what if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

When friends betray us
When darkness seems to win
We know that pain reminds this heart
That this is not, this is not our home
It's not our home

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
And what if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy
And what if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are Your mercies in disguise

Did you catch all of that? WOW! God can bless us in so many ways, and he doesn't choose the "vending machine" way all the time. I can't tell you how many times I have prayed for God to "do this" or "bless us through this" as if God needed my ideas! Almost 3 years ago (May will be 3 years) I was diagnosed with Cancer. They told me it was Melanoma...I thought "Oh, whew...it is just skin cancer," little did I know the impact that would have on my life. I was so MAD at God for giving me a huge scar on my back and "doing" this to me, that I didn't see the blessing that my mother in law found the mole by accident.
Over the last 3 years I am checked and checked, and God has revealed himself to me on such an intimate level to know that He is there. Last December (2010) they found it again...again...I was mad. But this time I knew that God was allowing me to go through this for some reason that I cannot see right now.

This week my husband and I were talking, and I had been to the Dr. and they found 3 more suspicious spots...I immediately told my husband "I have decided that I am a modern day Job" to which his response was "Well your cows haven't died yet."

For the record, I do not have any cows! But it helped me realize that although I was to take the pottery, break it, and scrape all of my skin off...that God isn't finished with me yet.

My favorite book in the bible is James. And for just a minute I want us to look at a scripture that I think would go well with Laura's song:

"We count those blessed who endured. You have heard of the endurance of Job and have seen the outcome of the Lord's dealings, that the Lord is full of compassion and is merciful."
James 5:11

So, I want to encourage each of you, no matter what you are going through...it may be a blessing in disguise. For me, I cherish each day...because although I am young, I have learned that I am not promised tomorrow. I do not know what you are going through today, but I know a God who is going to be there every step of the way. If you need prayer or just want to let us know what your "Blessing in disguise" is/was, please leave a comment or send us a post on facebook. Have a great Wednesday!

Click Here to hear Laura's Song "Blessings"


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...