Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wednesday's Shot of Espresso: Getting the Wrinkles Out


As I was ironing E's little 12 month sized button up shirt, I realized that it was harder to iron the wrinkles near the seams and pockets than it was with my husband's that I had ironed a a few hours earlier. I tried different angles and then I tried the bounce spray.  That seamed to help, but it was definitely a task and I was in a hurry.  I had laundry to do.
  During my problem solving with the wrinkles I was reminded of how God washes us clean and then shows us how to iron out the wrinkles.  Sometimes he uses other things to get the wrinkles out like my bounce spray.
  Let me show you what I mean.

Isaiah 1:18-20

King James Version (KJV)
 18Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
 19If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
 20But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

In this verse He shows us that He washes our sins away. This is a daily process, just as we daily wash ourselves in the shower or our clothes in the washing machine.


Proverbs 27:17

New International Version (NIV)
 17 As iron sharpens iron,
   so one person sharpens another.

Sometimes He uses another person to help us iron the wrinkles out. It is definitely not a process we can do on our own. We can only do it with His help and being open to those he puts around us to show us how to iron out those wrinkles. If we only look around us and ask God who He has placed around us to sharpen us, He will use them. I encourage you to live in obedience and ask God who He wants you to sharpen today. Remember it's always in love.

I hope this encouraged you as much as it did me today. Remember the What Women Fear Bible Study starts tomorrow. Let me know if you have questions.  Email me here

Click on the picture for NEW USES FOR OLD THINGS

25 New Clothing-Care Uses for Old Things




No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...