Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Double Shot of Espresso: Long day of {Blessings}

      I don't know about you, but I could use a double shot of Espresso right now.  I need a shot of physical espresso and a shot of spiritual espresso.  This week has been an incredible journey of spiritual warfare. I have been reminded to "be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour" 1 Peter 5:8 (NIV).  Several other translations say to "sober-minded" an", watchful", "be of sober spirit", "on the alert", "vigilant" but my all time favorite is the way the message puts it. " 


8-11Keep a cool head. Stay alert. The Devil is poised to pounce, and would like nothing better than to catch you napping. Keep your guard up. You're not the only ones plunged into these hard times. It's the same with Christians all over the world. So keep a firm grip on the faith. The suffering won't last forever. It won't be long before this generous God who has great plans for us in Christ—eternal and glorious plans they are!—will have you put together and on your feet for good. He gets the last word; yes, he does."  

  This week has been a long week already. E is teething again so I'm not getting much sleep {hence the typos}. I am trying to make things and get things ready for his first birthday this Saturday and nothing is falling into place. Everything that could go wrong has. Literally. To the point that when my pictures to display at the party of E were finally printed 2 days later instead of an hour.  Oh did I mention the photo machine crashing on me right when i was getting ready to hit the submit button.... there's more to the story than that, and I'm not complaining. Just trying to paint the picture of my day with a migraine headache going on.  Today, the manager called and said, "is this Miss. Jen?" To which i replied, "it is." She continued to say that my pictures were ready and she is terribly sorry about what happened yesterday and she was going to take care of the cost and I could pick them up at any time. Thrilled! I thought to myself,  favor! He loves me so He wants to bless me with free pictures because He knows that will keep my hubby happy and me completely thrilled that I was able to receive pictures of my baby.  Who cares that he looks jaundice in the pictures and I will never use that photo lab again.... they were free!!!!!!

   I'm sure you completely know the kinda day I'm talking about. The one where you just want to start all over. Jump in the shower and rinse it all away and feel rested, refreshed and renewed.  But the fact is the day just kept going wrong. Yeah you know the kinda day. Again I am not complaining. Just sharing with you that we all have days like this.

  Have you ever asked God why days go this way?  I totally got the answer from Him.  He reminded me of His Word.


Ephesians 6:12

New International Version (NIV)
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.


  It's not personal. God isn't punishing me. I am fighting a spiritual battle that's going on in the heavens. In looking at my day that way I gain a new perspective. An okay so if I'm patient, something good is going to come out of this. But more importantly, it was because of my obedience to Him that these battles were going on. Satan was mad. And I knew it. Have you seen that picture on Pinterest that says "Satan heard my feet hit the floor and said, "awe crap, she's awake".  Well that's the kinda day it was. He knew he had thrown the first arrow and had missed yesterday so today he was going to throw more at me. He knew that the 3 hours I just invested in a life long friend that I haven't seen in 10 years was for God's Kingdom and he didn't like it.  So I suffered at the photo lab with a guy named "Sharky" to which I laughed at God for His humor and said, okay Lord patience, you will bring something good out of this.

See what Satan knows is this friend doesn't need to be around me and he is going to do everything He can to keep her away. Why you ask?  Because have learned to hear his voice and the Holy Spirit speaks through me and he knows I will be obedient and be the voice from the Lord that my friend needs right now.  He knows that if he can just get her to go to the pit of hell again with him that this time it will be the last and he will have her forever.  He's throwing drugs and suicide hard core at her and she can't even see her way out.  She needs to hear His voice and I'm the only light she has.  Satan knows all of this.

I hope your still with me and you hear my heart.  It's not me, but He that is in me. I'm not perfect. But I know He uses imperfect people to change hearts for the Kingdom.  So I go with it, you know that "mommy" kind of gut feeling and tell her what's on my heart. Even if I think she will think I'm crazy. Satan wants us to think that way. You know what I have to say about that?  Get over your self. Don't put yourself up on that pedestal to think that it's by your might or power.  Hello! It's by His! (Zachariah 4)

Sorry this post is so long, but maybe you need this as much as I do. I really need a double shot of espresso. I am tired and weary and I need His rest spiritually and physically.  Do you remember the post about strength? We talked about this scripture: Psalms 73:26 "God gives strength to the weak." there are a lot of realms of the word weak hear and take out of it what it means to you. To me it is physical and spiritual. Physically because I'm not sleeping because of E. Spiritually because I am in a prayer battle and physically I'm on the front line with this.  Let me tell you girls you better put on your full armor.  Because if you don't you will go down!  I truly hope your hearing me and I totally believe this is speaking right to your heart.

I was reminded of God's unconditional love today. I was reminded of His protection. I was reminded of His provision. I was reminded of His guidance. I was reminded of His peace. I was reminded of His {Blessings}

Are you there?  Are you there with your new perspective?  It's not us. It's the lion that is searching to steal from you and whoever else God has sent you to bless, kill those that he can bring to hell with him, and destroy everything that would glorify the Kingdom of God.

Let me share with you a song God brought to me today at the right moment on the radio.  "Blessings" by Laura Story.  The video is posted below if you haven't heard the song yet. But the story behind it is amazing. Her husband had a brain injury that from what I gather was pretty extensive when this song was birthed. I have shared the video of that below. Through all of the "trials of this life" God has brought to her blessings. She just received her first Grammy {I believe I'm not really up on all of that, but it was a huge award}. And she just found out that she was pregnant. Now that is pretty awesome!!!

  So the next time your having a bad day. Stop and ask God to open your eyes to the spiritual battle that is going on around you.  He will show you what's going on and you'll appreciate your blessings in a whole new way.

  I can not go any further with out saying that maybe your the girl that has disappeared for seven years in to hell and darkness. You truly know what the valley of the shadow of darkness and death looks like. You may have never had a "plan" or maybe you have and you've not been able to execute the "plan" to end your life in this world. I just want you to know there is a gift that God wants you to have. It's unconditional love. But there's more... it's wrapped in grace and the bow on top is hope. Oh and ther's more... it's dangled with a jewel of mercy.  It's the most amazing present you have ever seen, kinda like the pretty one Avery shared on Monday but in your favorite colors.  (I totally forgot what she named that post...total God thing.) He loves you just the way you are. Turn to Him and he will pull you out of your dark place and create a new creation in you. BTW, this song is for you. I think it's new because I had a hard time finding the audio to it. So if you like it hold onto it and surly iTunes will grab onto this one soon.

Source: flickr.com via Jenny on Pinterest



That is what we'll will be sipping on this Monday... "A New You".

Okay so here are the videos I promised...
Click here to see the story behind the song.

Click here to see the whole song.



I know... I haven't forgot about the give-a-way. I haven't had time to do the random drawing through the computer. I know you get it... it's been one long day.  ;)

Love to you ladies! I'm off to Bible study. I need refreshment with my hubs from our 3rd and final piece of our rope... Jesus Christ.


Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...