Monday, April 16, 2012

Cup of Joy: Spiritually Spent

Spiritually Spent

When I get to the point of exhaustion, frustration, weariness, and down right tired I don’t know why I am always so surprised when I remember that I haven’t had God as my priority for no telling how long. It is not like I have forgotten Him, I just haven’t had the time to breathe yet alone sit down and have an efficient quiet time everyday. I’m doing all the good and right things, being a good wife, mom, church volunteer, and friend I’m just not doing them with the right focus in mind. I’m so busy doing all the good things I am “supposed” to do I have forgotten the one I do them for! Then I find myself in the place I am at right this very moment! Tired, Frustrated, exhausted, weary, un-focused, short, argumentative, impatient, and just plain SPENT! Physically, emotionally, and spiritually spent. The thing is I’m surprised every time I get to this place and rack my brain to figure out why only to realize the spiritual part is taking a toll on the physical and emotional part. Now I am not saying if you do a quiet time every day that things wont go wrong or you wont get busy I am just saying with God as the center and focus of your life then He shows up and walks with you in those crazy times as well as the good times! So after I have my moment of surprise in the shower as to what is out of whack in my life I know exactly what I have to do! Here is a practical way of getting over being spiritually spent!

Stop what you are doing and turn to God!

Psalms 69:16 hear me, O LORD, for Your loving-kindness is good; Turn to me according to the multitude of Your tender mercies.

God loves us and even if we leave Him by the wayside and get tired and exhausted doing it on our own as soon as we call to Him he is there!

Pray: confess your sin of doing it on your own

1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on Him for He cares for you!

Let God know first that you were wrong for doing life yourself and second tell Him all about IT He really cares, you are His child!

Engage in the word!

Psalm 119:11 I have hidden your word in my heart

that I might not sin against you.

His word will guide you through whatever you are facing in this life! It will refresh you and refuel you!

Never forget the source of your strength!

John 15:5 I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

We must remain connected to the source; apart from it we can do nothing!

Take time daily with God

Psalms 68:19 blessed be the Lord, Who daily loads us with benefits, The God of our salvation! Selah

It is always in the best interest of any relationship to spend time in communication daily. It is true for our relationship with God. Through prayer and His word we can communicate daily with Him.

Now that you know what to do when you are spent get on to it. And the next time you find yourself freaking out because your 16month old is playing in his Sippy cup of milk instead of drinking think about when the last time you spent meaningful time with God and then don’t be surprised that you are spent! Just get un spent!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. It's good to know I'm not the only one like this. Somedays it's hard to make that time with God but it's so worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...