Monday, April 30, 2012

Cup of Joy: To do or To don't

To do or To don't

“She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks” (Proverbs 31:17, NIV)

If you are like me right now, there never seems to be enough time to finish what we need to do in our busy lives. I sometimes wish I could magically add time! My days are so scheduled there doesn’t seem to be a moment to add one more thing! If you read spiritually spent the other day then you can see I am still on my theme of needing to take stuff out of my hands and place them in God’s! I believe that is how the Proverbs 31 woman made it through each of her days was relying on God! Here are a few things we need to make sure to do and a few we should not do!
To Do                                                                         

1. Rely on God                                                         
“Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?” (Galatians 3:3, NIV)                                            
2. Rely on others                                                     
Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2
3. Seek God daily                                                    
O God, you are my God; earnestly will I seek thee: My soul thirst for you, my flesh longs for you, in a dry and weary land, where no water is. Psalms 63:1
4. Enjoy life  
This is the day which Jehovah hath made; I will rejoice and be glad in it Psalms 118:24                                                           


To Don’t
1.  Don’t put too much on your list

2. Don’t put up walls

3. Don’t put God second place

4. Don’t get so busy you are mad


I know if I put those 4 things on my to do list then the “To Don’t” list doesn’t seem to happen! I know you wont magically add anymore time to your day of being a wife, mom, coach, teacher and the list goes on, but If you make being a daughter of the most high God first then keeping your to do list in order may become a little easier! 

Photobucket

1 comment:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...