Monday, May 21, 2012

Changed


1 Min

For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. (Ephesians 2:10 NLT)


 A Masterpiece...how about a master mess!  That is how I feel some days. Nothing goes as "planned" and what use to take me 20 minutes to do now takes 2 hours.  My day unfolds as it happens and to a girl who likes a plan it can be difficult to accept.  My day is not my own.
Truth is... it never was, and never will be again. 
  Once reading the Ephesians 2:10 verse I realize He knew my days would unfold as they do. I am created in His image as His masterpiece, no matter what my day looks like. No matter if the only thing checked off my list is feed the baby, change diapers and dinner on the table, that is how his masterpiece looks for me in this season. 


5 Min
  Father, today is not my own, it is yours. Take it and make it what you want it to be. Use me to reveal your masterpiece in me. Allow me to step back and give you control of this day, because it is your's after all. As I serve you while raising my children, show me what your will looks like in the small things. Because I know in the small things your details become greater than I can ever imagine. Continue to pray as the Holy Spirit leads you, or just sit in His presence. 


10 Min
Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her; "many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." (Proverbs 31:28-29) 
 Striving to be the "ideal" Proverbs 31 women is understanding the true importance of what it means to serve God daily with your whole heart. 
Charm is deceptive, 
and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
(Proverbs 31:30)
Although sites like Pinterest can make you feel inadequate and like the not so DIY diva, you in deed are a masterpiece to Him. As a mother the most important thing we can do for our children is serve God first. The Proverbs women described in the verse understood that everything of consequence was wrapped up in him.  Her service to others was a natural extension of serving him.  The thing is, we aren't naturally unselfish servants, but God has made each of us a new creation.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:
 The old has gone, the new is here!
(2 Corinthians 5:17)
  Because Christ has changed us, we can serve others unselfishly.  This change is a daily process. You as a mother touch lives every day. You touch the lives of your children and husband and in this season that is most important.  I encourage you to simplify your life when your children are little, by saying "no" more when asked to volunteer for things or help out.  I know this is the unnatural thing to do, especially if you are a "yes" girl, but think about how your "yes" impedes on your family.  Saying yes to it all does not mean your more effective for the kingdom; sometimes saying no is.  Completely opposite of how our carnal minds are formed.  Even more difficult when your "normal" is always lending a helping hand. Be careful to serve your God first, family second and your church third.  This is the role model we see in the Proverbs 31 women.  Make sure you first give time to God. Your children will pick up on that importance and one day mimic your behavior.  

Blessings!




Source: google.com via Jenny on Pinterest
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...