Monday, May 7, 2012

Role Model










1 Min
Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.
1 Corinthians 11:1

 With Mother's Day this coming weekend I wanted to point out the importance of the role model we become and are as mother's.  "Mom's know best" right? From baby gates to curfews, our designed rules and boundaries are for their good. In the same way, our heavenly Father designed rules for our good.  Do we obey him the way we want our children to obey us? Do we trust that he knows what's best for us,  even when we don't like his boundaries? Guess who's watching? Out children notice whether or not we obey God and with what attitude we do so. Imagine the effect on your children when you choose to openly and happily obey God in front of them, when you choose to be the model you want them to follow.

5 Min

My Father, I believe that you want the best for me and that your rules are designed for my good. Show me how I can openly and happily obey you today. Help me to set an example for my children to follow, as I follow the example of Christ. COntinue to pray as the Spirit leads you or just sit quietly in God's presence.

10 min



1 Corinthians 10:23

The Message (MSG)
 23-24Looking at it one way, you could say, "Anything goes. Because of God's immense generosity and grace, we don't have to dissect and scrutinize every action to see if it will pass muster." But the point is not to just get by. We want to live well, but our foremost efforts should be to help others live well.


1 Corinthians 11:1

New King James Version (NKJV)
11 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.

Proverbs 31:28

New King James Version (NKJV)
28 Her children rise up and call her blessed;
Her husband also, and he praises her:


Be blessed this week as you take on the position of a role model that a mother so greatly possesses. As I pray for you and your children as you read this devotional I encourage you today.  You have been given a gift beyond measure and we are to honor God with our gifts. It is our responsibility to raise our child(ren) in his ways and in discipline. Children are born sinners (Psalm 51:5) and they need us to guide them. I want to encourage you in knowing that in doing this hard task as a loving mother it will bring peace to your family (Proverbs 29:17). Try with all your might to be fair (Ephesians 6:4) and encourage as you discipline (Colossians 3:21) to avoid the feeling of bitterness.  I pray for Wisdom and discernment on you as you go today. It is a hard decision on how to discipline and the second guessing that sweeps in behind that. Seek his word first and you will find the answers to leading your children. Remember the instruction book to our children is his Word. I want to encourage you to feel guided and directed to find the answers to being the role model you want to be for your children in the Bible for yourself. Each child is different and will need different approaches. Keep that in mind or else you may become frustrated with your outcome.

Blessings to every mother who reads this and to any women who seeks to become a mother,














Source: ourbestbites.com via Roxanne on Pinterest




Source: ourbestbites.com via Courtney on Pinterest






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...